Monday, June 2, 2008

weekly seer

This week's seer comes thanks to parents who try to bail their little babies out of everything. Once a kid reaches a certain age (for Pete this age was 4) they gotta learn to solve their own problems. I have had multiple parents come to me about their kid's grades and try to get them out of failing. They usually have some excuse and sometimes they are valid, but the problem I see is that the kids either don't do the work or don't communicate a problem to me and then just wait for Mommy and Daddy to bail them out. My solution I will publicly humilite the kids in class by saying, "congratulations to Matt for passing this quarter, his mommy and daddy came to see me yesterday and told me about his diarrhea problem and explained that it prevents him from concentrating, if anyone else has similar conditions please feel free to send your parents to see me" that will stop it.

2 comments:

Lou said...

did you really say that?

celine said...

i love it...except the kids here have excuses like, "I slit my wrists last night before exams" and like, "I ran away last week because I got pregnant and my family wanted to honor kill me." -- you know things like that. it always ends with a psychological evaluation that gets the kids out of exams.

to be back at good ole EB where the best excuse is "he just can't seem to stay in his seat, maybe he needs medication."