Monday, May 12, 2008

nemesis

I have lived in fear of skunks for over 10 years. I can't take the garbage out in the dark without getting chills and running like a scared little girl. It all started when as a teenager I was confronted by a skunk that hissed and growled at me and just before being attacked I made a daring escape. Shortly after I was harassed by a skunk on good ole hillsdale road. while riding my bike home from work at like 2am I was almost home when in the distance ahead i saw the filthy little creature stop in the middle of the road under a street light. I stopped a good 40 yards from where he was, planning to let him pass, but instead he charged and would only stop if I started going the other way. He stood and guarded the road so I could not pass I eventually had to go around to another street (sherman) which took an extra 10 minutes. I thought for sure I was free of the little devils when i came here to UT but alas I have smelled the vermon many spring nights and one night the smell was so close that I was sure one had infiltrated the garage. I believe I have been targeted by some kind of skunk society, kind of like the skunk most wanted list. They are all out to get me.

4 comments:

Recondo said...

Maybe they are out for revenge...remeber when we would wait for them to come by at night and then chase them. There could also be a bigger conspiracy. It could be an entire secret rodent society that are after you.

Lord Baldemort said...

I think cellulite is also out to get you.

phillyz said...

remember dressing up in lots of clothes for protection and throwing dad's rotary saw blades at them like chinese stars

The Donkey said...

I was more scared of possums. I think Pete and I were confronted by a huge one by Eileen's house. It had these dagger teeth and scared us to death